Wednesday, October 17, 2007

“Where do we come from? What are we? Where are we going?”

It was an odd night on October 2nd, and I woke up at an ungodly hour of 3:30 AM. After making a cup of tea, listening to BBC TV, I pondered what made me wake up at this moment. I looked at the date, I have just completed my first 6 months in the OutworX family.
The last 3 weeks were hectic, and throughout the appraisal process I came to know most of you better than ever before, yet there is still to know lot more. My thoughts wondered a bit more and I remembered Paul Gaugin’s eternal question – “Where do we come from? What are we? Where are we going?”

Pondering on the answers, I thought, that answer to the first question is we at OutworX are as diverse as our vast nation, with our own culture, ideas and ambitions, which I had felt during those few hours I spent with all of you during the Appraisal process. However, despite my consistent effort, I couldn’t get any convincing answers to the last 2 questions. I thought, if we need to grow, we better do something to at least seek the answers to those 2.

So, here we are with our own blog wherein we will seek the answers in a joint forum which will eventually give us clarity of thought and goals ahead. Sharing of ideas and thoughts is the best way to learn ourselves and also to let the world know about us. More you express, the more clarity we will get on those 2 answers, which will be a key to our success; at least, it will put us on the right path-a path where we want to go in near future.

The next 6 months I dedicate to 2 important themes about which I will write in my next post. And, those 2 themes are –

a) Excellence in ‘EXECUTION’
b) Communication and Sharing.

I have just chosen the themes, but it is you who will help me paint my canvas.

Now, I welcome all of you to the world of blogosphere, take up your pen and paint- brush and start expressing yourself.

Posted by Goutam Bakshi, VP (Engineering & Technology), OutworX Corporation

No comments: